Change of Ansys license servers
Ansys versions >= 21 require a newer version of the Ansys license server. Some license features are deprecated and no longer served by the older version of the license server. Therefore we need to migrate all Ansys installations to the new license server (which will also serve license features for the versions older than 21).
Migration to the new license servers
ETH used to have separate license servers for the Euler cluster and for people using Ansys on a local computer/laptop/workstation. For version 21 the license server was upgraded and now we have two Ansys license servers, one, serving teaching licenses for students that use Ansys and one, serving research licenses for research groups.
The existing modules will be kept, but won't work any more (once the old license server is turned off) and don't serve the expired license features any more.
For example, users that would like to run Ansys 18.2 or 19.5 will have to replace
module load ansys/19.5
module load ansys/19.5_teaching
module load ansys/19.5_reasearch
Please find below a mapping of the old and new modules:
- ansys/18.2 -> ansys/18.2_teaching and ansys/18.2_research
- ansys/19.5 -> ansys/19.5_teaching and ansys/18.2_research
- ansys_em/19.5 -> ansys_em/19.5_teaching and ansys_em/19.5_research
- ansys_em/20.2.4 -> ansys_em/20.2.4_teaching and ansys_em/20.2.4_research
- cfx/18.2 -> cfx/18.2_teaching and cfx/18.2_research
- cfx/19.5 -> cfx/19.5_teaching and cfx/19.5_research
- fluent/18.2 -> fluent/18.2_teaching and fluent/18.2_research
- fluent/19.5 -> fluent/19.5_teaching and fluent/19.5_research
- icemcfd/18.2 -> icemcfd/18.2_teaching and icemcfd/18.2_research
- icemcfd/19.5 -> icemcfd/19.5_teaching and icemcfd/19.5_research
For the new ansys/21.2 installation, we will directly create pairs of modules pointing to the teaching/research license server.
We just started with creating new modules for the older Ansys versions 18.2 and 19.5 and will install the new ansys 21.2 version in the coming days.