Difference between revisions of "Euler maintenance (October 2022)"
(Created page with "CSCS informed us that the data center will be undergoing a major power and cooling maintenance on '''Wednesday 19 September 2022''', which will require a '''complete shut...")
Revision as of 12:15, 15 September 2022
CSCS informed us that the data center will be undergoing a major power and cooling maintenance on Wednesday 19 September 2022, which will require a complete shutdown of Euler.
We will take this opportunity to do some additional maintenance on Euler itself the days before and after the CSCS maintenance. The following schedule is indicative and is subject to change:
- Tue 18 Oct, 12:00 (noon): start of maintenance, Euler down
- Wed 19 Oct, whole day: CSCS maintenance, Euler down
- Thu 20 Oct, whole day: Euler power-on procedure (networks, storage system, admin nodes)
- Fri 21 Oct , 12:00 (noon): login nodes on-line, access to storage possible, compute nodes off-line
- Sat 22 Oct-Sun 23 Oct: power-on and testing of all compute nodes
- Mon 24 Oct, 12:00 (noon): gradual reactivation of batch queues (4h, 24h, 120h)
As usual, batch queues will be progressively inactivated in the days and hours prior to the maintenance, to ensure that no jobs get killed when the cluster is shut down. Short jobs can still run until the the cluster is off-line. You will not be able to access your data during the first phase of the maintenance window (Tuesday noon to Friday noon). If all goes well, Euler will be fully operational in the evening of Monday, 24 October.
This is for your information only. No action is required on your part.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
We will update this page once there is more information about the maintenance.