Difference between revisions of "FAQ"
|Line 34:||Line 34:|
Revision as of 08:11, 19 August 2016
- 1 General
- 2 Access
- 3 Software
- 3.1 Do you provide any software on your clusters ?
- 3.2 Why does my 32-bit executable not work on your cluster ?
- 3.3 Can I run Windows executables on the clusters ?
- 3.4 Can you please update GLIBC on the clusters ?
- 3.5 Is it necessary to recompile or can I just copy my application to a cluster ?
- 3.6 Are development tools available on the clusters ?
- 3.7 How do I compile MPI applications ?
- 3.8 What scientific libraries are available on the clusters ?
- 3.9 Can you please allow me to run sudo for installing my code ?
- 3.10 Why can't I install my application into /usr/bin and /usr/lib64 ?
- 3.11 Is there a license available for application XYZ ?
- 4 Environment modules
- 5 Submitting jobs
- 5.1 Can I run an application on the login nodes?
- 5.2 Can I access a compute node via ssh or rsh?
- 5.3 How do I execute a program on the cluster?
- 5.4 How do I submit a simple command ?
- 5.5 How do I submit a shell script ?
- 5.6 How do I submit a parallel job ?
- 5.7 What are the processor and time limits ?
- 5.8 What is the maximal amount of memory that I can use ?
- 5.9 Which queue should I choose ?
- 5.10 How many jobs can I submit ?
- 5.11 How much time should I request for my job ?
- 5.12 What happens when a job reaches its time limit ?
- 5.13 How do I submit a series of jobs (job chaining)?
- 6 Monitoring jobs
- 7 Data management and file transfer
- 8 Miscellaneous