The GLPK (GNU Linear Programming Kit) package is intended for solving large-scale linear programming (LP), mixed integer programming (MIP), and other related problems. It is a set of routines written in ANSI C and organized in the form of a callable library. The GLPK package includes the following main components:
- primal and dual simplex methods
- primal-dual interior-point method
- branch-and-cut method
- translator for GNU MathProg
- application program interface (API)
- stand-alone LP/MIP solver
GLPK supports the GNU MathProg modeling language, which is a subset of the AMPL language.