Parallel job submission
Revision as of 13:37, 12 May 2021 by Jarunanp
- Runs on a single compute node
- Can use up to 24 processors
- Number of processors must be defined in $OMP_NUM_THREADS
export OMP_NUM_THREADS=8 bsub -n 8 ./program
Distributed memory job (MPI)
- Runs on multiple compute nodes
- Can use tens or even hundreds of processors
- Program must be launched using mpirun
module load compiler module load mpi_library bsub -n 240 mpirun ./program
$ export OMP_NUM_THREADS=8 $ bsub -n 8 ./hello_omp Generic job. Job <8147290> is submitted to queue <normal.4h>.
$ unset OMP_NUM_THREADS $ bsub -n 240 mpirun ./hello_mpi MPI job. Your environment is not configured for MPI. Please load the module(s) needed by your job before executing 'bsub'. Request aborted by esub. Job not submitted.
$ module load intel open_mpi $ bsub -n 240 mpirun ./hello_mpi MPI job. Job <8147303> is submitted to queue <normal.4h>.