Welcome to the scientific computing wiki
On Wednesday 13. April and Thursday 14. April 2022 there will be only limited support due to some staff members not being available. During Easter Holidays, from Friday 15. April 2022 until (and including) Monday 18. April.2020 there will be no cluster support available. Technical problems will be dealt with on a best effort basis. In this regard the whole HPC team is wishing you a
Helpers and support
- 04 May 2022 — Decommissioning of Euler III :
All Euler III nodes will be decommissioned on 18 May 2022 to make room for new GPU nodes.
- 21 Mar 2022 — Nvidia RTX 3090 test unit :
An RTX 3090 GPU is now available in Euler for prospective customers who wish to test this GPU before placing an order.
- 18 Mar 2022 — Using MPI on Euler :
For running MPI jobs on Euler some configuration settings are required, which are documented on this wiki page.
- 17 Feb 2022 — List of publications that mention the HPC clusters of ETH :
On our scicomp wiki, we added a list of publications that reference the HPC clusters of ETH. If you mention the Euler cluster in your publication, then please let us know and we will add your publication to the list
- 31 Jan 2022 — The new CPU and GPU nodes in Euler are operational :
The latest Euler expansion consists of 248 compute nodes with AMD's newest EPYC 7763 CPU as well as 20 GPU nodes with Nvidia Quadro RTX 6000 GPUs
- 09 Dec 2021 — Change of GPU specifiers in the batch system
- 20 Apr 2021 — Script to set a permanent default for software stack initialized on Euler upon login:
On Euler, you can now set the new software stack as a permanent default upon login
Most recent software installations
Twenty most recent software installation on each cluster. The list is based on the last modification time of the module files.
|Euler (new software stack, see complete list):|
List of recently installed software has been updated on Tue Jun 28 09:22:06 CEST 2022