Revision as of 15:45, 29 November 2016 by Sfux
SuiteSparse is a suite of sparse matrix algorithms, including:
- UMFPACK: multifrontal LU factorization. Appears as LU and x=A\b in MATLAB.
- CHOLMOD: supernodal Cholesky. Appears as CHOL and x=A\b in MATLAB. Used in Google Ceres. Now with CUDA acceleration, in collaboration with NVIDIA.
- SPQR: multifrontal QR. Appears as QR and x=A\b in MATLAB. CUDA acceleration just released (October 10, 2014, SuiteSparse 4.4.0), and submitted to ACM Trans. Math. Software
- KLU and BTF: sparse LU factorization, well-suited for circuit simulation. Appears in Xyce by Sandia, and many commercial circuit simulation packages.
- Ordering methods (AMD, CAMD, COLAMD, and CCOLAMD). AMD and COLAMD appear in MATLAB.
- CSparse and CXSparse: a concise sparse Cholesky factorization package for my SIAM book.
- UFget: a MATLAB interface for the UF Sparse Matrix Collection
- spqr_rank: a MATLAB package for reliable sparse rank detection, null set bases, pseudoinverse solutions, and basic solutions.
- Factorize: an object-oriented solver for MATLAB (a reusable backslash).
- SSMULT and SFMULT: sparse matrix multiplication. Appears as C=A*B in MATLAB.
... and many other packages.