Using the MATLAB service
The most common use case is offloading a computationally-intensive parfor loop, which takes more than several hours to run on a normal workstation.
- Install MATLAB version 8.5 (R2015a) on your workstation.
- (optional but recommended) Open your firewall from 10.205.0.0/19 to ports 27370–27470 on your workstation.
- Unpack the MATLAB interface files for Euler into Documents\MATLAB (Windows) or ~/Documents/MATLAB (Linux, Mac).
- Import the Euler_8.5.settings cluster profile into MATLAB.
- Log in to Euler to accept the usage agreement (if you are not already an Euler user)
- Validate the Euler cluster profile.
Still having problems? The full setup instructions are on a separate page.
Refer to Mathwork's Parallel Computing Toolbox (PCT) documentation on how to make use of Euler in your code.
Code that uses parfor or other PCT constructs can use the Euler MDCS by referring to the Euler cluster profile. For example,
cluster = parcluster('Euler'); squares = zeros(10,1); parpool(cluster,4); parfor i = 1:10 squares(i) = i^2; end disp(squares)
If you set Euler to be the default cluster profile, then you need no changes to your code: all of the PCT constructs will use Euler by default.