Intel Parallel Studio is a software development product developed by Intel that facilitates native code development in C++/C and Fortran for parallel computing. Parallel programming enables software programs to take advantage of multi-core processors from Intel and other processor vendors.
Parallel Studio is composed of several component parts, each of which is a collection of capabilities.
- Intel C++ Compiler with OpenMP
- Intel Fortran Compiler with OpenMP
- IDE plug-in integration with Visual Studio and Eclipse
- Debugging via Visual Studio Debugger extensions, GNU Debugger extensions
- Intel Integrated Performance Primitives (IPP), Intel Math Kernel Library (MKL) and Threading Building Blocks (TBB) libraries, Intel Data Analytics Acceleration Library (DAAL)
- Intel Advisor - specialized performance profiler to optimize vectorization and a thread prototyping system for adding / improving threading.
- Intel VTune Amplifier (formerly VTune Performance Analyzer) is a performance profiler that analyzes hotspots, concurrency and locks-and-waits.
- Intel Inspector improves reliability by identifying memory errors and threading errors.
Intel announced Parallel Studio during their Intel Developer Forum in August 2008 along with a web site to sign up for their open beta program.