Welcome to the scientific computing wiki
This wiki is the primary source of information for the services provided by the ID SIS HPC group. We are operating and maintaining the central HPC clusters of ETH Zurich and provide services to our scientific community.
- 14 Jan 2021 — New account request process for Euler and Leonhard Open: We are introducing a new automated process for obtaining an account for the HPC clusters of ETH, starting with Leonhard Open and later we also implement the same process on Euler.
- 14 Apr 2020 — Upcoming Euler VII expansion: The next major expansion of the Euler cluster — Euler VII — will be based on the same kind of compute nodes as Euler VI
- 17 Mar 2020 — COVID-19 — Cluster operation during state of emergency at ETH: As announced by President Joël Mesot in the evening of March 16 (see email), ETH will be operating in a state of emergency starting today. Most employees are required to work from home.
- 22 Jan 2020 — Results of the cluster user survey 2019: In September 2019 the HPC Group of Scientific IT Services launched a cluster user survey in order to know the individual needs, assess user satisfaction and further tailor our service portfolio to our customers and users. Moreover we want to better understand how our customers differentiate us from other computing infrastructure providers and address potential gaps.
- 27 Sep 2019 — Script to run a Jupyter notebook interactively in a batch job on Euler or Leonhard Open: Since Jupyter notebooks are becoming more widely used among the scientific community, the HPC group developed a script that you can run on your local computer. This shell script then starts a Jupyter notebook in a batch job on Euler/Leonhard Open (depending on which cluster you choose) and connects your local browser with it.
Read me first
- Please use the menu on the left for navigating through the wiki
- A good starting point for new cluster users is our tutorials page, especially the getting started with clusters tutorial
- If you have problems connecting to our clusters or if a service is not working, then please check the news and the system status page of the wiki
- The LSF submission line advisor helps you to learn the syntax of the batch system
- If you have problems finding the answer to your question on the wiki, then please have a look at the FAQ, or use the search bar on the top right corner of the wiki
- The search of MediaWiki only shows results that are exact matches, except when using wildcards like for instance libcuda*
- We provide centrally installed applications and libraries
- When contacting cluster support, then please try to provide all important information regarding your support request, such that we can help you to resolve issues as quick as possible
Most recent software installations
Twenty most recent software installation on each cluster. The list is based on the last modification time of the module files.
|Euler (new software stack,see complete list):||Leonhard Open (see complete list):|
|Euler||Leonhard Open||Leonhard Med||MATLAB server||CLC genomics server|
|Green||:||Service is fully operational|
|Orange||:||Service is partially operational or still in beta testing phase|
|Red||:||Service is unavailable|